[Sca-cooks] onions

Nicolas Steenhout vavroom at bmee.net
Fri Nov 16 09:00:30 PST 2001

>Marcus Antaya wrote:>
> > I'm trying to find the Roasted Vidallia Onion Salad recipe...I'm trying it
> > on a grand scale...grin>
> > I'm also trying to find any documentation on it, as it is an A&S
> competition
> > feast and I might just enter the menu into the competition.
> > Thanks..>

If it goes to an A&S competition, you might want to revisit the idea of
Vidallia onions...  Not convinced they'd be period.  Wouldn't be for Europe
anyway...

OTOH, the recipe Johnae provided works equaly well with regular
onions.  The bit of vinegar will bring out the sweetness of a regular onion.

Personally, I think that vidallia onions loose a *lot* to be cooked.  Their
strength is in the natural sweetness and cooking them doesn't improve that
all that much.  Of course, that's just me :-)

Muiredach mac Loloig
Rokkehealden Shire
aka
Nicolas Steenhout