[Sca-cooks] OT Rudolph an icon???

UlfR parlei at algonet.se
Fri Nov 16 09:10:32 PST 2001

Laura C. Minnick <lcm at efn.org> [2001.11.16] wrote:
> > Swiss Army knife, field dresses dead deer by headlights. They duct-tape deer
> > to roof of car (that being the only place with enough room), and drive home.
> > Deer provided quite a few meals. Try _that_ with a dead turkey!)
>
> You can only do that in some states. In others, they make you turn it
> over to Dept of Fish and Wildlife. Of course, if they never know...

And if they find out anyway you can end up in jail (poaching, looks oh,
so good on the CV). I've read first hand accounts of people who had this
happen to them in the US.

In Sweden you have to contact the police if you hit any game species
(deer, etc). Some day I'll have to check up the laws regarding taking
care of roadside kills of non-game species. I keep seing fox pelts going
to waste! I could tan them make a fur lined cloak!

> If there's room in the trunk I think Balthazar has info on taking blood
> out of the carpet ;-D

With a Real Truck[TM] you just pressure wash the inside as well... All
carpets do in a Series Land Rover is collect water, and thus encourage
corrosion. I hope I can convince my GF of this simple fact before
expensive welding becomes nessesary.

UlfR

UlfR                                                 parlei at algonet.se
"I am a firm believer in black magic. That's the only way you can go
with computers. Sacrifice the goat and hope the blood doesn't get on
your shoes."                  -- Nic McPhee