[Sca-cooks] OT Rudolph an icon???

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Fri Nov 16 13:05:56 PST 2001

Margaret said:
> Heavens, yes. My mother still has to hide cookies from my father or he
> will eat them all in one sitting. My husband is the same way. Luckily he
> doesn't ordinarily look through the baking cupboards, or he'd find the
> Oreos...
>
> Speaking of which, how *do* you stand those things? I used to like them,
> now I can't go near them, and I don't understand how I could eat them in
> the first place.

Huh? Stand and eat which? cookies? Oreos? or Rudolph?
:-)

Speaking of icons, Icons are small portraits/paintings done in
the Orthadox Church (see Icons-art, icons-msg in the RELIGION
section of the Florilegium). I wonder if you could do one in
sugarpaste/marzipan using food colors to make a soteltie? Any
evidence of this having been done in Byzantium? I doubt sotelties
were strictly a western European thing.

Stefan li Rous