[Sca-cooks] OT Rudolph an icon???

A. F. Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 16 20:19:57 PST 2001

Well, you just don't know... We had a deer here, a few years ago, in Upper
Manhattan (near the Cloisters, if that helps anyone) which is my
neighborhood. Now, Manhattan is an island, so this confused people for a
while... They finally decided that it must have crossed the trestle bridge
on the train tracks. After walking through the Bronx. Determined deer, this
was!

Parks department caught it, and took it back to its probable home, up in
Westchester, or Rockland, or some other county.

And, less cheerfully, my cousin, who lived in Maryland, was killed when his
car struck a deer, so some of us are aware of the dangers, even if second
hand.

Anne