[Sca-cooks] OT Rudolph an icon???

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Nov 17 19:52:50 PST 2001

Anne said:
> Well, you just don't know... We had a deer here, a few years ago, in Upper
> Manhattan (near the Cloisters, if that helps anyone) which is my
> neighborhood. Now, Manhattan is an island, so this confused people for a
> while... They finally decided that it must have crossed the trestle bridge
> on the train tracks. After walking through the Bronx. Determined deer, this
> was!

The other part of the original message was Adamantius satirical comment
about deer running into the cars at 65 MPH.  Is there *anywhere* on
the Island of Manhatten that either the deer or the car could collide
where one of them was going 65 MPH?

Stefan
(who found Manhatten only slightly less unusual than that deer
probably did).

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net