[Sca-cooks] Re:Sotelties// Sugarpaste

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Sat Nov 17 06:52:30 PST 2001

Sugarpaste was Italian prior to its introduction
in England. The earliest printed source in English that I
have (and actually own in facsimile) is 1558.
 The earliest printed work that I have
reference to would be 1555 in Venice. It might be
earlier yet. Certainly it would be in the various
manuscripts or notebooks that made up the material
for the printed volume. I am still looking for additional
material before publishing something about this.

Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway