a new spin on Potlucks Re: [Sca-cooks] Medieval cooking for non-cooks

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Mon Nov 19 06:36:11 PST 2001

No, no, no. You put the spears of carrots *inside* the rolls, well,
some of them. The rest go in the roasting pan, with celery and onions. No
eggs. Individual rolls, with toothpicks and string to hold them together
(and remember to remove both before you serve). No mustard in the
seasoning unless you want Dad to go into anaphylactic (sp?) shock. Salt,
pepper, a teeny pinch of celery seed. And really good dill pickles. And
you must serve it with raw potato dumplings. And sweet-and-sour red
cabbage.

Margaret