[Sca-cooks] Belted

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Mon Nov 19 13:47:56 PST 2001

XvLoverCrimvX at aol.com wrote:

> I must be missing something. What's a green belt (I know what a green belt in
> karate is) in the SCA?
>
> Misha

An green belt is used in some kingdoms to mark a Laurel's apprentice,
like a red belt usually is worn by a Knight's squire. You may also see a
yellow belt, which is worn by a Pelican's protegee.

Customs and laws vary from kingdom to kingdom. These bits of regailia
are not in Corpora, and generally the only things that are the same
across the board are the ducal and county coronets, the medallions of
the Pels and Laurels, and the belt and chain of the Knights. Beyond that
is is generally something you can look up in the sumptuary customs
section of your kingdom law.

'Lainie