[Sca-cooks] Belted

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 19 13:54:39 PST 2001

>olwentheodd at hotmail.com writes:
>

> > >Olwen,
> > >that's wonderful!!! Congratulations!!
> > >Phillipa

>I must be missing something. What's a green belt (I know what a green belt
>in
>karate is) in the SCA?
>
>Misha

Typically, at least in Atlantia, an apprentice wears a green belt.  It is
not a Kingdom thing by law but an understood thing.  It does not prevent
anyone from wearing a green belt if they so choose (like a white belt) but
is an outward sign that they provably are.  From there a journeyman wears a
red belt.  Again, this is not a Kingdom thing.
Olwen, proud belt wearer.