[Sca-cooks] soup

Gretchen M Beck grm+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Nov 20 11:27:37 PST 2001

Excerpts from internet.listserv.sca-cooks: 20-Nov-101 [Sca-cooks] soup
by Pixel at hundred-acre-wood.
> So the Boy phoned me this morning saying that he wants to cook a real
> dinner tonight (ie, not just pasta) and what do I want? We finally agreed
> on some variety of quiche, some variety of green vegetable, and a soup,
> preferably a brothy type of soup rather than a creamy type of soup.
>
> So, the question I ask is this: anybody got any good ideas for brothy
> kinds of soup, that would go with a ham-and-swiss quiche, that aren't
> french onion soup? I am drawing a complete blank. Oh, and it can't have
> mushrooms in it.

Vege soup is always good -- take whatever flavor stock base you like,
saute some onions and add, add other veges to taste, make a bouquet of
herbs (parsley, bayleaf, whatever else you like), add a starch like rice
or barley if you want it, simmer for a bit and serve.

toodles, margaret