[Sca-cooks] Leftovers

Morses3 at aol.com Morses3 at aol.com
Tue Nov 20 12:07:13 PST 2001

In a message dated 11/20/2001 2:19:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
grm+ at andrew.cmu.edu writes:

> > figured I'd see what people cook with their leftover turkey bits?  Anythi=
> ng
> > unusual?

There's always what my grandmother in Kentucky called "Hot Browns", a recipe
I believe was originated by one of the restaurants there...Basically, turkey,
ham, bacon, sliced tomatoes, all over toast in an individual baking dish and
covered in thick cheese sauce, cooked under the broiler until bubbly and
brown on top. (I occasionally add other ingredients to this as well, like
broccoli, or maybe black olives if I have some hanging around.)

Still one of my favorites many years later, and the reason I always make sure
there is a little ham around on Thanksgiving.

Gervase