[Sca-cooks] soup

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Wed Nov 21 08:33:07 PST 2001

I don't have a recipe...it's one of those "makey-upey" soups, but I have done
a sort of Chinese soup in the past that uses pork broth, bits of pork (kind
of like stew beef, only pork), Chinese cabbage, star anise, a dash of
hoisin..
I boil pork bones with star anise to get the broth, brown the pork bits, then
add them to the broth.  Cook until done, then add the cabbage...cook until
tender but not "mooshie".  This sounds like it might be good, as would
cock-a-leekie soup (chicken broth, bits of chicken, leeks, chopped prunes and
apricots, salt and pepper).

Kiri