[Sca-cooks] chestnuts, was: soup

Tara Sersen Boroson tsersen at nni.com
Wed Nov 21 12:07:08 PST 2001

Speaking of chestnuts, is it common to get a high percentage of them
with bad spots?  I just finished burning my fingers... I mean peeling
almost a pound and a half, and was shocked by how many had moldy spots
inside.  I used to just pick them up off the ground at my parent's place
when I wanted them, but they moved out of that house some years ago.  I
don't remember ever getting moldy ones that way.

-Magdalena