[Sca-cooks] An article for my local newsletter

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Nov 26 06:48:59 PST 2001

You didn't list any books or articles
that weren't online. You seem to be saying that
everyone should just do their recipe research online
and never use a printed source. Sometimes it's much easier
to give people a book with pictures to encourage
them to cook.[And I may or may not be just a fussy
stodgy librarian here with her hair in the classic bun ...
but I still believe that printed sources have their place.]

Also in years past when I used to coordinate these sorts
of things, we had good luck by citing certain dishes and
foods. Keep it as simple as possible...
like say:
 Roasts are good, pork roasts, beef, dress them up with
a good sauce made of.....
fruits are good, apples, pears, grapes,
these cheeses are good ...
breads... the Italian and ethnic breads are great at  name
of store.
Besides gingerbread why not try marzipan or shortbreads or
these easy fine cakes by Digbie...

You have to entice or fool them into the attempt. You are
inviting them after all to spend money and do work. Think
of the fun aspects.

Johnna Holloway  Johnnae llyn Lewis

 Here is a copy of an article I just sent to my local group's newsletter