[Sca-cooks] An article for my local newsletter

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Mon Nov 26 16:45:37 PST 2001

Adamantius corrected me with:
> Stefan li Rous wrote:
> > Here is a copy of an article I just sent to my local group's newsletter to
> > help encourage folks to try some period recipes. Admittedly, this article
> > is a bit heavy on referances to the Florilegium, but then that is the
> > set of online recipes I'm most familar with.
>
> Just as an FYI (you might want to fix it but there would be no
> disastrous meaning shift if you didn't), your reference to the "Barony
> of Ostgardr" should read, "the Crown Province of Ostgardr". We have a
> Viceroy and Vicereine, who also happen to be court baron/ess, but
> technically speaking, they are not landed baron and baroness. For
> practical purposes, though, we function as a barony.

Oops. Yes, you are correct. I was in a bit of a rush on this and
missed that. However, I might still have used "Barony" or "SCA
group in NYC" because the purpose of the article was to give
some folks some easy to get to, and free, sources for period
recipes. I'm afraid that getting into a discussion on just what
a Crown Province was, and how it differed from a barony and the
history of this, might have distracted from where I was wanting
to go with this article.

Of course, being an article in a printed media and not an online
discussion, perhaps things are less likely to veer off course.

Stefan