[Sca-cooks] Thanksgiving feasts

BaronessaIlaria at aol.com BaronessaIlaria at aol.com
Mon Nov 26 13:21:58 PST 2001

There were only three of us, hubby, my mother and I, so we went to a
restaurant fashioned out of a lovely victorian mansion. They laid out an
incredible buffet of which I remember:

Salad table - Shrimp salad - Caesar salad - two different greens-mixes salads
- a salad of roma tomatoes in dressing - a huge, constantly-refilled bowl of
peel & eat shrimp - fresh fruits - six different types of salad dressing.

Bread table - Cornbread (unsweetened) - Zucchini bread - Cranberry muffins -
Honey wheat rolls, biscuits (soooo good...)

Omelet station with about 15 different fillings offered - French toast with
fresh raspberries

Meats: Turkey, both roasted and smoked - Roast beef, at ALL levels of
doneness. people were thrilled with this option - Roasted pork loin -
Flounder stuffed with shrimp - Honey ham

Sides: what appeared to be cornbread stuffing but I don't indulge so I'm not
sure. - Mashed potatoes - Mashed sweet potatoes (no marshmallows!) but it
looked like an orange sauce (this is Florida after all) - French fries (for
the kids I think) - Broccoli in cheese sauce  (I couldn't bring myself to try
it. It wasn't Savory Toasted Cheese  ::chuckle::) - Green beans, nicely
crunchy with bits of garlic and pine nuts - Spinach - Glazed carrots - Corn
pudding - this was extremely good for restaurant corn pudding! - Squash
casserole - no one seemed to be eating this. it looked lonely - very good
cranberry sauce - turkey gravy - au jus for the beef - some odd green sauce
for the pork loin (looked like mint jelly but it was not mint)

Desserts: Ice cream - Hot fudge sauce - Peach pie (excellent) - Key lime pie
(inexplicably not very good) - Strawberry cake - Apple crisp - Pumpkin pie -
Chocolate cake (yum!) - Pecan pie - huge chocolate chip cookies

They offered a full bar and wine cellar, but we only had iced tea which was
fresh, extremely good and refilled constantly

Ilaria