[Sca-cooks] re: thanksgiving feasts

Ginny Claphan mizginny at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 26 13:36:35 PST 2001

> That nasty green bean thing

?? Pray tell, what is this? There are so many possibilities!

Margaret, who is thinking of the nasty green-bean-and-mushroom-soup thing
==========
We had a change from that this year. My sister-in-law saw a recipe on Oprah and
did blanched Haricots verts (still French for green beans to me) with fried
pancetta and sauteed shallots. tasty.

The rest of the meal: a 22 pound turkey(!!), 2 types of mashed potatoes (boring
and garlicky), sweet potatoes (w/ marshmallowS), 2 stuffings, polish sausage,
sourdough bread, whole wheat bread, pear custard pie (flaune almayne), apple
pie (ala trader joe's), and pumpkin pie. I had made an apple cake from the
Norske Nook cookbook (full title: Farm Recipes and Food Secrets from the Norske
Nook), but that wasn't eaten on Thanksgiving, but it made a great coffee cake
for breakfast the next couple of days.

gwyneth