[Sca-cooks] Scandinavian feast

Jane M & Bj Tremaine vikinglord at worldnet.att.net
Mon Nov 26 14:16:37 PST 2001

I have not been reading the list for about a week.  O MY GOOD A 1000
MESSAGES.

What I have been doing is preparing for a feast I did  for my war band, Drafn.

I was ask to do a hearty, familiar tasting,Viking/Scandinavian, not
necessarily period feast.  Hear is the menu.

First Course:

Three different flavored soft cheeses; Garlic, Herb, and Shrimp,  Crackers,
Salmon Pate, Pickled Herring, Creamed Herring, Brined shrimp.(every thing
was eaten but the shrimp flavored cheese)

Second Course:

Split Pea soup(using yellow peas) with ham, Seafood chowder and
crackers.(All gone)

Third Course:

Sour dough bread, Rye bread, garlic incrusted beef, rosemary and juniper
berry incrusted lamb, glazed carrots, and barley pottage(with brazil nuts,
mushrooms and onion)(mostly gone)

Fourth Course:
a berry pudding, and apple muffins.(the pudding did not go over well, but
the apple muffins are all gone.)

to drink:
Water, Sima, and Hot Buttered Rum(all gone)

I welcome your comments.

THLady Jana Aoibeall