[Sca-cooks] OOP/OT All Flavored Beans

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 26 14:35:58 PST 2001

> The buttered toast and buttered popcorn aren't too bad, and the black pepper
> is very pepper-y. In search of the horseradish flavored ones I detoured
> through coconut [pretty normal] and [ugh, shudder] sardine. The sardine has
> great 'linger' on the tastebuds [requiring mango, peach and halfa bottle of
> diet coke to eliminate.] We decided to pass on tasting the rest of the white
> ones and so are not going to try the horseradish ;-(. We haven't tried
> 'grass' or 'booger' yet. I don't mind the idea of grass, but I definitely
> can give a pass on trying the booger flavored ones. Next year they are
> adding vomit and 2 more flavors. Gee, I *shudder* can't wait.
> margali
> ;-)
> --

Booger flavor seems to be basic jellybean base with just enough salt added to
bring up to the appropriate salinity, then your imagination does the rest.
Grass is just odd, my husband liked those and the black pepper too.  Sardine was
just repugnant.  I wish I had gotten a garlic bean.

I did find a rather cartoony frog lollipop mold last year and made some
chocolate frogs for the week that "Goblet of Fire" came out.  A near-hemisphere
about 2 inches across eats easier from a stick than popped whole in the mouth,
so next time I'll make frog-pops.

Selene, Caid