[Sca-cooks] Thanksgiving feasts

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Nov 26 15:03:34 PST 2001

Pixel, Goddess and Queen wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, Philip & Susan Troy wrote:
>
>>That nasty green bean thing
>>

> ?? Pray tell, what is this? There are so many possibilities!
>
> Margaret, who is thinking of the nasty green-bean-and-mushroom-soup thing

You got it in one. With the chemical fried onions on top. It was just
unusually nasty this year; I dunno, perhaps our hearts just weren't in
it as much as on other occasions. At least not in the food aspect; we
had a fine time anyway, with me informing my brother of regrettable
truths about his favorite baseball team, and he responding with
scurrilous lies about mine. ;  ) I think after all this country has been
through recently, what we needed most of all was to see each others' faces.

Funny thing about the nasty green bean thing: this was something nobody
in my family had ever seen or heard of until my sister came back from a
university in Pennsylvania. She made it one Thanksgiving as an example
of the weird, foreign foods Americans eat, and it sort of stuck.

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com