[Sca-cooks] Thanksgiving feasts

Karen O kareno at lewistown.net
Thu Nov 29 15:23:07 PST 2001

> On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, Philip & Susan Troy wrote:
> > Nothing special at this end, but we had fun anyway.... . .That nasty
green bean thing

> ?? Pray tell, what is this? There are so many possibilities!
> Margaret, who is thinking of the nasty green-bean-and-mushroom-soup thing

        Back from California & visiting the family.  We had on my mother's
table, that greenbeanmushroomsoupfriedonionrings hot dish for the first time
{everyone was asked to bring the "sides"} A nephew looked quizzically at it,
asked what it was  -- G-ma O always has fresh veggies, never veggie
casseroles  --   I piped up that his growing up Catholic, he wasn't used to
seeing such things, and that other parts of the country thinks this is just
the perfect side, right next to jello salad.

Wishing she could have brought back the 2 carcasses that were trashed before
her eyes  :(   {mom's was turned into stock  -- others' didn't want to be
bothered}  Bothered!  Hummmph!

Caointiarn