[Sca-cooks] Thanksgiving feasts

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Mon Nov 26 23:31:08 PST 2001

ours was traditional with a heart healthy twist:

roast turkey (rubbed with sage, salt, pepper, roasted in the bag)
cornbread stuffing with dried apricots, apples, celery and onions
carmelized in fat free broth and white wine
my infamous fresh cranberry relish with candied ginger and mandarin orange
bits
oven roasted organic acorn squashes
spinach salad with dried cranberries, mandarin orange, toasted pecans,
gorganzola and a balsamic vinegrette
steamed brussel sprouts with lime juice, salt and pepper
mashed potatoes (not heart healthy, since my cousin brought them, oh well!)
gravy a la my mom (also not heart healthy, but I wouldnt let her touch the
brussel sprouts, and so had to throw her some bone :))
oven roasted carmelized root veggies (carrots, parsnips, turnips and leeks
with fresh thyme)
fresh pears and dried cherries braised in late harvest riesling with honey,
ginger and saffron
pumpkin pie (made with that no fat half and half. it was dang tasty!)
chocolate pecan pie (OK, not so heart healthy but its traditional, and you
can only eat a little before you go into diabetic shock anyway...:))

we ended up with not much leftovers, just enough for everyone to take two
servings home.

Perfect!

--AM, who keep sthinking she should do salmon or something next
year...turkey is so...old hat....:)