[Sca-cooks] Thanksgiving feasts

A. F. Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 26 20:30:46 PST 2001

Well, I'm perfectly willing to accept jello, or other gelled things, as a
dessert. It just isn't a salad! I mean, it is sweet... I had a great aunt
(by marriage) who served them, but she was the only one in the family who
did, and the rest of us (New Yorkers all, which is probably part of it)
would sit there trying to take just a tiny bit to be polite... and she
would decide we were being deprived, and give us more...

I've never had to deal with one at Thanksgiving.

Now, the one gelled exception is aspic, but that does really follow the
rule. It isn't about gelatin, it's about sweetness. Aspic is tart. A salad
is tart and vinegary and sets off the meal. Right? *G*

Anne