[Sca-cooks] Food Fight!!

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 27 16:52:36 PST 2001

Pullease!!!!  Let's not!  Yes, this is yet another
period reference to a food fight.  There are others.
But just because it is period, doesn't mean we have to
copy it.  Yes, we as Americans have plentiful food in
abundance, but we really shouldn't be wasting good
food when there are starving people on this planet.
We should be sending 4 thousand eggs to Afghanistan or
Africa or whereever there is hunger, rather than
wasting them on such juvenile "fun".

As I remember my first introduction to the SCA, some
27 years ago, the SCA "recreated the Middle Ages as it
should have been", i.e. without the Plagues, the dirt,
the fleas and the slavery.  Let us keep to this ideal
and abjure food fights also.

Mistress Huette Aliza von und zu Ährens und
Mechthildberg, OL, OD, OHA, OA
Kingdom of Caid
Barony of the Angels
Canton of the Canyons