[Sca-cooks] New compost recipe (long)

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Tue Nov 27 18:40:45 PST 2001

>Well, the first question that comes to my mind is, is a French
>dictionary more or less reliable than an English one when the subject is
>a word the French dictionary claims is an English word?

Touche ;-)

>As for the changed meaning, yes. One is, primarily and generically, a
>mixture, and in a specific but not exclusive usage, a mixture destined
>to be humus (no, I did _not_ say hummous), while the other is a mixture
>of fruits. I don't see this as an especially large difference. In both
>cases the operative concept is a combination of objects.

Mylord, I guarantee you that you'd see a rather large difference were it to
end up in your mouth <grin>

As I was telling 'Lainie, my point simply was that while the word's use in
period was likely the same thing, we must be careful and aware of the
differences, given we actually live in today's world...  And Lainie's
right, I'm really in a crappy mood today.  So 'nuff from me, gonna go crawl
in a hole and disapear.

Gorgeous Muiredach
Rokkehealden Shire
Middle Kingdom