[Sca-cooks] Jello soteltie

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Nov 27 18:39:31 PST 2001

I always found them "hard" in texture.

But here's the weird part... I just remembered
that I have a box put away...Bought them at Sam's
Club about four years ago. My son hated them, so
I put them away. We have been using them once a year
to make chimneys and red trim work on the gingerbread
houses. The box reads:
CANDY SWEDISH FISH RED, Made in Canada by M&A Candy Co.,
under license from Malaco Sweden. contains: sugar,
glucose, modified corn starch, citric acid, natural and
artificial flavors, colored with FDC Red #40, confectioners
glaze...

So maybe the "red" can be like cherry or raspberry, depending
on your senses and taste experience...
 What is really disturbing is that they don't taste much different
now being 4 years old than they did when I just purchased them...
They don't taste like cherry twizzlers which is what I think
cherry chewy candy taste like.

Johnna Holloway