[Sca-cooks] Swedish fish, was: Jello soteltie

Tara Sersen Boroson tsersen at nni.com
Tue Nov 27 18:47:05 PST 2001

johnna holloway wrote:

> If you have the right sort of candy store, you
> can buy 3-4 inch long Gummi sharks.... to fit
> in nicely with your Jaws nightmare....
> I thought that the original Swedish Fish of
> years back were more raspberry flavoured than
> cherry... but maybe the batch was old.

Swedish fish are one of the things that I'm very ashamed to say I eat...
with wild abandon...  I love cherry and raspberry flavored candies, but
I've never been able to place the flavor of swedish fish.  I always just
thought of them as swedish fish flavored, and left it at that :)

As for texture, Stefan, they're somewhere between gummi bears and
jujubes.  But, I've gotten them everywhere from really fresh to
incredibly stale, and how stiff they are really depends on their age.
Oh, there are so many rude places this can go from this point.

-Magdalena