[Sca-cooks] (no subject)

Bonne de Traquair oftraquair at herwire.com
Wed Nov 28 02:17:50 PST 2001

>oftraquair at herwire.com> wrote:
>> Hello?  I subscribed over the weekend, but haven't
>> received anything but the welcome message.  The list
>> can't be that quiet!
>>

>No the list hasn't been that quiet.  Although I think
>it hasn't been as active as it could have been if we
>weren't all stuffed to the gills with turkey.  How was
>your T-day?
>
>Huette

Hmmm, this message from you, via the list and the copy directly to me, is the only message I've gotten so far.  I expected an overwhelming number of 'what we ate for Thanksgiving' messages!

Our meal was average--didn't do any new and unusual dishes and with only the four of us and the smallest turkey I could find, it was hardly any more trouble than a plain Sunday dinner.  Next day, we went to the nearest chinese grocery, which is FAR bigger than the nearest regular grocery, and got all sorts of good things to go along with my husband's usual turkey leftover dish: mu-shu turkey.  It's a good dish, but with steam buns and dumplings along side, it was a feast!   The pre-packaged mu-shu pankcakes we tried are far better than our east coast substitute, flour tortilla's.

The next day we had 'California' turkey sandwiches, with slices of avocado.

We are now thankful that the turkey is all gone.

Hope the rest of you had a grateful day.

Lady Bonne de Traquair
Gylldenholt, Caid

Send private replies to : oftraquair at hotmail.com

This 'herwire' address exists _only_ to receive/reply to SCA Cooks list messages.