[Sca-cooks] Food Fight!!

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Nov 27 23:34:39 PST 2001

Muiredach mac Loloig commented:
> >The only two problems I see with the second fight is first cooking that many
> >eggs
>
> Cooking isn't all that bad.  Used to cook 3 cases every day (12 dozen each
> case).  The problem is PEELING them.  :-)  I also have a really rather sore
> memory of peeling 6500 hard boiled quail eggs for a banquet once...  <sigh>

Hmm. Hadn't thought of that. But why do they need to be peeled? They're
not going to be eaten. Would they be dangerous if not peeled? Shell
fragments in eyes or something?

I just forwarded the original message to our local baronial list and
noted we wouldn't be doing this at Yule Revel (in a week and a half)
unless they convinced the cooks to cook 1000 eggs.

But I also realized that it need not be that bad if you required
each participant to bring one (or two) dozen hard boiled eggs. For
a hundred people that would give you over 1200 (or 2400) eggs. But
there might be a problem verifying that everyone had boiled the eggs
enough (or at all).

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net