[Sca-cooks] mandolins

Steve s.mont at verizon.net
Wed Nov 28 07:19:37 PST 2001

--
In general I prefer, like so many of us here, the all stainless
mandolins.  However I've seen the one that was shown on the website
live.  It is made by Matfer, the company that makes the good stainless ones
and it is rather sturdy.  There is no way that I would get one of the cheap
v-slicer types or other design that doesn't have a support leg at the
top.  In order to keep them steady when using them I'll set the mandolin on
a damp side towel (this works for cutting boards on slick counters also.

Æduin