[Sca-cooks] salt cod

Ted Eisenstein Alban at socket.net
Wed Nov 28 12:28:47 PST 2001

>> (Seriously: chest freezers are cold and dry.)
>
>Ok. Is there a differance in this between the upright and the
>chest freezers and the ones that are part of the refrigerator?

I think (although cannot confirm) chest freezers do a slightly better
job of keeping things cold: when you open them, the cold stays inside
rather than falling out all over your feet as happens when you open
the refrigerator freezer. And that means lower humidity.
They also store more, of course. Dunno about lower temperatures,
though.

Alban