[Sca-cooks] Re: Research cooking vessels

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Nov 28 21:10:36 PST 2001

MD/Marged asked:
> And while Arte is asking about clay cooking vessels, may I also ask for
> resources/pictures of late SCA period brass/bronze cooking vessels?

You might want to look at these files in the FOOD-UTENSILS section of the
Florilegium:
aquamaniles-msg   (10K)  3/ 2/00    Fancy period jugs to hold water for washing.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-UTENSILS/aquamaniles-msg.html
 (There were a number of these made of brass in the Met in NYC when I
was there, but these aren't strictly "cooking vessels")

utensils-msg     (166K)  4/11/01    Utensils, plates, trenchers, cast
iron pots.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-UTENSILS/utensils-msg.html
  (There may or may not be some stuff specifically on brass cooking
utensils in here, but I can't remember for sure. I also have a large
amount of new material to add to this file. If you like, I can send
it to you, or hurry up add add it to this file)
   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net