[Sca-cooks] Kitchen tools question (mandolin)

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Thu Nov 29 07:11:50 PST 2001

>The nice and straigt bit I can handle, but not without removing
>material. I wonder if it would be possible to obtain replacement blades?

Yeah, I can handle nice and straight (Olwen and other, get your mind out of
there, I meant while sharpening a blade!).  And yes, you can get
replacement blades.  I thought I'd mentionned that on my first post.  Might
not have, my mind was elsewhere that day.  Much further than the usual
eslewhere anyway :-)

>I see a new set of scars in my future. :-/

Keep the thing sharp, no scars much as the cuts will heal nicely! Ha!
:-)  Actually, the moment you use the julienne comb, you are in for some
nasty rips if you're not careful, or even if you are.  :-)

>Can do, but not in quantity, or at great speed. I've used the japanese
>version, but the lack of a stand and the possibly durability issues
>made me considering a more "real" version.

That's good.  I used to tell my student that they needed to master the
knive technique before going on to using the "cheat".  :-)  You can get
real quick on a mandolin.

Gorgeous Muiredach
Rokkehealden Shire
Middle Kingdom