[Sca-cooks] freezer burn and black ice

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Thu Nov 29 09:44:09 PST 2001

Audrey said:
> Try living around here...
> Snow falls beginning November, starts staying at the end of December, leaves
> around middle of April depending good/bad year.

Where's "here"? I don't imagine you have fighter practice or
tournaments outside in January or February, do you? :-)

> And when you've driven in the snow enough, you don't really mind anymore. I
> guess I just had to adapt :-)

Yes, if you are there long enough. Or the snow lasts long enough.
Here, we get snow once a year or less. And its usually more sleet/
ice than snow. Black ice? Yes, we get lots of that. The conditions
don't last long enough or often enough for the natives to learn
how to drive in it. Lots of 4-wheel drive trucks here, but a lot
of "cowboys" don't seem to learn that while the 4-wheel drive helps
you get going real fast, it really doesn't help you stop. And the
imported Yankees seem to forget how to drive on the ice once they
get here. They are the ones pulling the sleds behind the cars
with the ropes.

Stefan li Rous
(In warm Austin. It's finally above freezing and sunny again!)