[Sca-cooks] Scandinavian feast

Jane M & Bj Tremaine vikinglord at worldnet.att.net
Thu Nov 29 11:55:34 PST 2001

>Wow! They ate the Pickled Herring? It's pretty diffifuclt for me
>to get folks to eat that. I happen to love it though.

Ya, I was surprised too, can not stand the stuff myself.

>The rest of the menu sounds pretty good. What sources did you use?

First I read Stefins Florgy(SP) thing, then I read a book I borrowed from a
friend on early digs in Saxon England and what foods they might have
eaten.  I paid special attention to areas settled by Vikings.  Then I went
to my Scandinavian cook books.  Most of the recipes came from the Time Life
book Scandinavian Foods.

Thank You for your kind words.

Jana