[Sca-cooks] GIFILLTE FISH ::WAS::: TURKEY GRAVY

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 29 12:57:46 PST 2001

>Phillippa wrote:
>
> > I've just never met any non-Jewish adults who liked the stuff!
> > Phillipa
>
>My lord husband Jared, who has been "assimilated" enough to like it.  I
>learned to cook and like Deep-South goodies for him, and he's done
>likewise for my NYC Jewish "soul foods."
>
>I've long maintained that every culture has some food that its own
>members long for, but which nobody else can stand.  Gefilte Fish, Turnip
>Greens, Lutefisk, Haggis, what's yours?
>
>Selene, catching up in Caid

I'll tell you one that I hate.  Chittlins.  {{shudder}}gack ICCKK!!
I used to live in a building in DC where every Sunday I believe everyone in
the building except me cooked those things.  The entire building smelled
like an unclean outhouse!  There are a few "soul food" places here in
Baltimore that serve the things and you can smell the foul things all the
way out in the street!
Olwen