[Sca-cooks] GIFILLTE FISH ::WAS::: TURKEY GRAVY

Ted Eisenstein Alban at socket.net
Thu Nov 29 12:34:29 PST 2001

>>I've long maintained that every culture has some food that its own
>>members long for, but which nobody else can stand.  Gefilte Fish, Turnip
>>Greens, Lutefisk, Haggis, what's yours?

Kidneys. (Hey, they're there to get nasty stuff out of the body. That doesn't
mean you should put it all back into the body.)
Sweetbreads, aka thymus.
Brains.
Liver, in any form other than pate, and not always even then.
Canned baked beans.
Canned corned beef hash (bad experience in grade school. It took me
20 years to be able to even look at _any_ meat hash, even home-made
beef hash. And c.c.b. is still on my only-in-hell-will-i-eat-it list.)
Creamed chipped beef, which may be the only food that looks as bad
as it tastes.

On the other hand: I've had haggis-stuffed cornish game hens, and enjoyed
them. I eat sushi, with delight. My intestinal system is reasonably tolerant,
as are my tastebuds.

Alban