[Sca-cooks] Jorvik center was RE: Research cooking vessels

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Thu Nov 29 13:52:13 PST 2001

Helewyse de Birkestad said:
> I am going home (to England) for xmas.  I am visiting a friend
> that lives near York and we are planning a trip to the Jorvik center.
> Now I know I am really going to be buying a lot of books.  I am also
> a potter and the idea of combining two of my hobbies is just too
> cool to be true.

I'm pretty sure I have some comments and reviews about the Jorvik
center in this file, and perhaps some info on other interesting
SCA-type sites or things to do in the vicinity. Perhaps some of this
info would prove useful in addition to the other tourist brochures
and websites you may have already looked at:
England-msg       (47K)  1/16/01    Medieval points of interest in
England.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CULTURES/England-msg.html

Here are two more. It doesn't sound like you will be getting down to
London, but I'll mention it just in case. I also have a similar file
on Scotland, which is closer. And since Mistress Nicolaa was expressing
a similar viewpoint about "going home" as you just did, I thought this
one might also be of interest.
Leicester-art     (11K)  2/ 7/01    "Going Home" by Mistress Nicolaa de
                                       Bracton of Leicester.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CULTURES/Leicester-art.html
London-msg        (47K)  9/18/01    Medieval points of interest in and
around
                                       London.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CULTURES/London-msg.html

Stefan li Rous