[Sca-cooks] Jorvik center was RE: Research cooking vessels

Louise Smithson smithson at mco.edu
Thu Nov 29 09:51:09 PST 2001

Oh now I really am excited.  I am going home (to England) for xmas.  I am visiting a friend that lives near York and we are planning a trip to the Jorvik center.  Now I know I am really going to be buying a lot of books.  I am also a potter and the idea of combining two of my hobbies is just too cool to be true.  Plus I won't be paying shipping (always an advantage).  I will probably be able to scan some of the images/text in and provide them privately to people for research purposes (does not violate copyright, while posting them on a website would).
If anyone has a specific issue they are interested in they can let me know off list and I can see what I can do.  I make no promises as space in my luggage is always a consideration.
Helewyse de Birkestad
Marche of the Marshes (midrealm)
a Lancastrian by birth and inclination.
>>>Try the york archeological trust...  www.yac.
I spend a fotune with them even though the books are cheap.
(for research books)
they have details of the viking finds in york with piccies.
vara

http://www.yorkarchaeology.co.uk/pubs/pubs.php

It looks like the section on pottery would be good for your search.