[Sca-cooks] "Soul food" that others can't stand...

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Thu Nov 29 14:53:08 PST 2001

>I've long maintained that every culture has some food that its own
> >>members long for, but which nobody else can stand.
My husband is from an army family. His dad was stationed
at SEATO in Bangkok from 64-69. My husband learned to eat
white rice with fish sauce. He taught our son to eat what
is referred to as black sauce by the two of them. They pour
it over cooked white rice and then warm it up in the microwave.

I can't stand it or the smell. On certain days I just have to
leave the room...it's just awful.

Something else I can't stand the odor of is canned cat food...
it just reeks...

Johnna Holloway  Johnnae llyn Lewis