[Sca-cooks] "Soul food" that others can't stand...

Craig Jones. craig.jones at airservices.gov.au
Thu Nov 29 16:24:11 PST 2001

>My husband is from an army family. His dad was stationed
>at SEATO in Bangkok from 64-69. My husband learned to eat
>white rice with fish sauce. He taught our son to eat what
>is referred to as black sauce by the two of them. They pour
>it over cooked white rice and then warm it up in the microwave.

It's lovely.  When I lived in Thailand, breakfast was often plain
jasmine rice, with green curry sauce (containing a single boiled egg)
poured over the top.  The egg white sitting in the sauce for a while,
slowly absorbed the curry paste.  Lovely...

A quick question:  Did your Husband (like me) attend ISB (the
International School) and is he aware of the Alumni association?

Drakey.