[Sca-cooks] GIFILLTE FISH ::WAS::: TURKEY GRAVY

XvLoverCrimvX at aol.com XvLoverCrimvX at aol.com
Thu Nov 29 16:48:24 PST 2001

In a message dated 11/29/01 5:42:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mark.s.harris at motorola.com writes:

> Selene, catching up in Caid, asked:
> > I've long maintained that every culture has some food that its own
> > members long for, but which nobody else can stand.  Gefilte Fish, Turnip
> > Greens, Lutefisk, Haggis, what's yours?

Being of Germanic/Scandinavian origin, I LOVE pickled red cabbage and
sauerkraut. My mother doesn't like it so i'm thinking its the Dutch in me
that likes it cause my daddy likes it but my momma's daddy likes it too. I
also like the stewed cabbage and ham, which could be considered English but
my mother hates it. Grandpa likes it too. Hmm, must have some Russian in me
cause I love cabbage and garlic considerably (may even like those garlic
brownies Master A makes.)

Misha