[Sca-cooks] Food Fight!!

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 29 16:58:56 PST 2001

--- Stefan li Rous <stefan at texas.net> wrote:

> However, nothing says that we can't or shouldn't
> study these period
> food fights like any other aspect of the Middle
> Ages. I don't wish
> to authentically reproduce the plague or re-create
> the strict
> hierarchical social structure of the Middle Ages,
> but I do study
> those aspects of the Middle Ages. Please give us any
> other period
> referances to food fights that you might have.

Since it is a subject I have no wish to research, I
don't really have anything written down.  I recall
seeing several Elizabethan references to food fights
in some of the books I have read.  I also recall
seeing at least one English drawing of a food fight
and at least one late 16th/early 17th century French
drawing of a food fight.  Where I saw all this, I
don't recall at the moment and I have much better
things to do than trying to look for said.  I really
am trying not to be dismissive.  If you want to
research this subject, go for it!  If I found these
references accidentally, then you should be able to
find them just as easily.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.