[Sca-cooks] Steamed Puddings...

Mercy Neumark mneumark at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 27 12:42:20 PST 2001

Stefan wrote:

>There appear to be a number of puddings previous to this one, but >they
>seem to be boiled in guts or baked over the coals or next to the >fire.
>Perhaps these others would lend themselves to being molded much >better
>than the boiled ones.

I think what I am going to do is probably test some of these out and see
what stands and holds shape and what doesn't.  I looked in your files at the
first few and I would THINK they would stand.  I think I am going to try to
find the Martha Steward one and compare.  I think the evile MS one is more
of a cakie sort of thing (technical term, of course) rather than a
custard-ie jello-type thing. But I could be mistaken...I'd have to recheck.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions, BTW...its been very helpful. :)

--Arte