[Sca-cooks] Thanksgiving feasts

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Nov 29 23:00:37 PST 2001

Caointiarn mentioned:
> Wishing she could have brought back the 2 carcasses that were trashed before
> her eyes  :(   {mom's was turned into stock  -- others' didn't want to be
> bothered}  Bothered!  Hummmph!

Yes, this is one of the reasons I was considering buying a turkey
now that Thanksgiving is past. We hadn't gotten to the grocery all
week, until tonight. I figured that after Thanksgiving they would
have a bunch of leftover turkeys, cheap. I was afraid that waiting
this long they wouldn't have any more. Wrong. They still had freezer
cases full of them. But they weren't on sale, either. Huh? What
gives? Are they keeping them to sell for Yule? I didn't think they
would be good that long, but maybe frozen ones would be.

I've got to clear out some space in the refrigerator though before
I buy a turkey, though. And it looks like I don't have to rush. :-(

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net