[Sca-cooks] GIFILLTE FISH ::WAS::: TURKEY GRAVY

Tara Sersen Boroson tsersen at nni.com
Fri Nov 30 06:03:16 PST 2001

> There's probably greater variation among head cheese forms because it is
> eaten all over Europe, while scrapple appears to be more or less
> exclusive to a particular area of the U.S. where there's a PA Dutch
> influence; mostly Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland. I'm speculating
> about Delaware, I confess, but it seems unlikely you'd find it in PA and
> Maryland and _not_ in Delware. Could there be a state law forbidding it?
>
> Adamantius

There should be ;)  But, it is available in northern Delaware, at least.
  I had to serve it at the diner where I worked in college.  Bleck.
Trying to hold my breath all the way out from kitchen to table...
fortunately, it was a tiny diner.

Delaware also gets some southern tradition overflow.  I was amused by
the juxtaposition of scrapple and grits on the menu.  I often had people
ask "what on earth" about one or the other, but never both.

-Magdalena