Cat food Was Re: [Sca-cooks] "Soul food" that others can't stand...

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Fri Nov 30 10:40:49 PST 2001

At 12:08 PM 11/30/2001 -0600, you wrote:
>Anne commented:
> > I once answered a survey about cat food. They kept asking bright questions
> > like "Does it look appetizing?" I said " It seems to to my cat - I'm not
> > planning to eat it!" After all, she didn't think my food looked appetizing.
> > To each her own!
>
>Yes, cat food seems to be a compromise between what the cat would
>really like to eat and what you are will to feed them.

Well...  Actually...

When I was in cooking school, one of my colleagues had a *very* part time
job.  He'd go for a half day every month or so, and do taste/texture tests
on dog and cat food products.  Not the dry stuff, but the canned wet
stuff.  They had score sheets and had to discuss things such as flavour,
texture, colour, etc.  And he was paid *real* good for it.

Also, in my current job, I have met a couple people on SSI (federal
disability payments, kinda like welfare) that told me that the only meat
they could afford was canned dog food once in a while.  I had to discuss
this with them, and show them that there were indeed other options, but
they weren't all that far off the mark in terms of price and quality of meat...

Oh hummmm.  I guess it's a question of mind over matter, eh?

Gorgeous Muiredach
Rokkehealden Shire
Kingdom of the Middle
aka