[Sca-cooks] Australian Torture toys -

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Fri Nov 30 17:15:27 PST 2001

>It contained the usual bundle of stuff - strange Australian sweets (timtams;
>caromello koalas etc); a copy of a book; some Aussie coins for Stocking
>fillers and one or two Yowies...

What?  No vegemite for Olwen??? :-)

>Not realising that the US doesn't have such things as Kinder Surprise eggs
>or their own equivilent

Funny you mention that.  When I went home to Canada last week, I picked up
a dozen or so Kinder Surprise eggs to bring to folks at fighter
practice.  Last night, I distributed them, and it was a *hit*.  Someone
actually received the packaged box of three, and opened the box, unrwrapped
the eggs, split them open, retrieved the surprise, and put the eggs back
together...  She wanted to play with the toy within.  Couple folks were
exchanging "surprises"...  LOL...    It was really, really fun to see grown
adult go ga-ga over it...

On the topic of Australia, I've had a craving for an "aussie burger".  I
think I'll have to make some this weekend.  For those who don't know what
that is, or those of you Aussies that don't realize how special your
burgers can be, you get a burger, with a fried egg, fried mushrooms, bacon,
and *pickled beets slices*.  Yummmm.

Gorgeous Muiredach
Rokkehealden Shire
Middle Kingdom