[Sca-cooks] Back again - german query

LdySabia at aol.com LdySabia at aol.com
Tue Oct 2 09:20:13 PDT 2001

Greetings to the list, Sabia here -  now that law school is done maybe I can stay on this time --

So, just found out that my drop-dead status is now feast coordinator status, and the theme chosen was German which I freely admit is not my strongest arena - I've roughed out a menu, but I am having trouble finding a stronger variety of veggie recipes, are there any suggestions?  Also, I've seen several dumpling recipes, is spatezle in any of the sources?

On Table:
    Bread, Butter, compote, sulze (assorted pickled veggies), Shrove Tuesday donuts, apple sauce.

1st Course:
    Pfefferpottbast (beef pepperpot), rice, Sauteed Squash, sweet onion salad, cheese pastry.

2nd Course:
     Fladen (fast and feast pies), Konigsberger Klopse (meatballs in lemon sauce), Mushrooms, Peas and Onions, Spatetzle.

3rd Course:
    Roasted Pork with mustard sauce and saurkrat, Apple torta, Roasted pears, Salad of mixed greens, almonds and dried fruit.

Dessert:
    Lebkuchen, Lepeshki, Seed cake, fruit tarts, and other assorted delights.