[Sca-cooks] SCA in Brazil?

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 2 09:29:16 PDT 2001

Regarding An Tir and Antarctica, I recall a story that Ilaria Veltri brought
back from TYC.  At the 20 Year Celebration of the SCA, the Queen of An Tir
found herself a bit chilly and bemoaned, "a cloak, a cloak, my kingdom for a
cloak."  Whereupon Ilaria, who was Crown Princess of Caid at the time, whipped
off her cloak, drew it about the Queen's shoulders and said "Here's a cloak,
where's my kingdom?"  Some rapid negotiation ensured, whereupon Antarctica was
given to Caid.

I was not present, but I served on Ilaria's court for the rest of the reign
and heard this story more than once.

Selene, Caid